Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DIY & Show 'N Tell: Frame Changes

Okay - so I am crafty. I thrive on being crafty. I love it. I love turning things from one thing into another. It's therapeutic...it makes me feel good. Call me crazy, but it just is.

Sometimes it can be simple changes...all you need is a fresh coat of acrylic paint. Here are some examples of frames I just finished this week.

I'm not a big fan of gold...never have been {hope I never will be}. Some people love it. Great. Not for me, though.


Someone gave this to me as a gift, and I love it. The phrase is so sweet, and such a reminder of what the ultimate goal is in loving my sweet brown-eyed boy. However, the gold just doesn't work for me. The prachment paper in the middle is a creamy tan-ny color, and I thought about doing it in white, but then realized how cool it would look in navy.


{And doesn't it look sharp in navy?}

I'm still working on my office/craft space. It's eventually going to be a sage-ey green color, but for now, little decorations here and there can make a big eye-poppin' difference. Here is a cork board I got @ Staples for 50cent (yes, 50 cents).


It's fine in black. Really. I just wanted something a little different.

Enter some green acrylic paint. Does a world of difference. It's cute now! {Now if only I could get it on the wall where I want it...maybe if I bat my eyelashes? ;-)}j

And who doesn't love a make-over picture frame? This frame is unique, and I paid less than $2 for it a Hobby Lobby on the clearance rack. It's an odd gold-y, platinum-y, brown-y color...and I wanted it in my office/craft space for my new favorite pic of my boys. So...I used the same paint as my cork board. Check out the difference!


I think I'm going to try something to spruce the frame up a bit. What do you think? Flowers? Buttons?

I linked up to the following:

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Don't you wanna come and visit ME and help beautify my space? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame looks great in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I think buttons would be a great addition as well! Thanks for linking up at Unwasted Homemaking Party!

    www.dontwasteyourhomaking.com

    ReplyDelete