Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent Update

Well, good grief.

I have been eating healthier steadily since Octoberish. Been losing weight and working out more since Januaryish. Been trying since July of 2009. In that time, I have slowly stopped {or reduced at least} my intake of unhealthy foods {including candy, chocolate, ice cream, desserts in general}.

Since I put out there that I was not going to partake in those sweets for the next 40 days, my taste buds have been ATTACKED! Seriously. It's a reminder that God is working in me. It's a reminder to pray in those moments where I feel weak.

And so I say to you, friends, Lent season will not be easy. Not that I thought it would be. But, I'm experiencing a variety of temptations that I haven't experienced...thoughts that I haven't thought for a while. Food is my issue. I realize not everyone has this issue {bless your souls}, but man, this isn't easy!

The reminder that God is working in this sacrifice is so comforting to me.


Thank you, God. Thank you for letting me see/experience my weakness so that I can see your face more clearly...

3 comments:

  1. I always find that Lent is difficult. I think it's supposed to be that way. Like you I can go along just fine for a good while, and then come Lent I'm DYING and BEGGING the LORD for HELP! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I find the same thing! I stopped eating fried foods for the most part in July as a part of a weight loss contest, and it wasn't too bad. Then I give them up again for Lent, and suddenly it seems like I'll die without french fries!!

    (BTW, I came across your blog when searching through the WLB members, and I like your craft tips!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, J.C.! I'm happy to have new followers! :-D

    ReplyDelete