Monday, October 22, 2012

Show 'N Tell: Bow Holder

I am totally coming up with a new name BESIDES "Show 'N Tell" for my DIY section. I just hated "Show 'N Tell" as a teacher. Trying to pry information out of children in the name of vocabulary & language development...it was awful. And usually lasted a good 1/2 hour. Anyway - the name must go...If you think of a clever one, please let me know.

Anywho - back to the matter at hand.

I have this box. With a lid. And it holds all of Baby R's hair "supplies." And we rarely use them because
a) it's all mixed together and hard to get to & b) I rarely have time to search for needed item. {Mister just loves it when I speak in "list style."}

So Baby R goes with those little plastic thingies in her hair and no hair "pretties." Pretty much All.The.Time.

We put Faux Wood Blinds up in her room. The plain ol' white ones just weren't doing it for us this summer. We were up with the Sun {and a semi-cranky baby due to lack of sleep}. I digress.

So we had a few of these slat thingies leftover {ya like my technical terms today, don't ya?}. I have been working on this in my head for months, and am thrilled to announce that it is done, after inspiration from this, thank you, Pinterest!  I loved the idea of using ribbon to attach the barrettes easily & quickly. I also love how they used hooks for her headbands. I have a totally different idea for the headbands in Baby R's room {which I'm sure I'll share whether you want me to or not ;-)}.

Supplies:

  • hot glue gun & glue
  • blind slat thingie, though you could use a wood piece, a frame, or anything
  • decorative ribbon
  • optional: ca~ute stickers

And the finished product all hing nice on the wall. Could it BE any cuter?! I think not!


Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment