Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Constant...

Okay - so I didn't really go MIA. Really! I promise.

Life has been so hectic that - {gasp!} - I haven't even logged on to blogger in quite some time! For an addict, I'm tellin' ya...this is a big deal. I just had to let one of my plates drop...and I knew this would still be here when I got back.

I also learned something great: life goes on if I miss a few days (or weeks) in BlogLand. Really, it does!

On to the topic at hand - my constant. A few things you should know: 1) I am in LOVE with Francesca Battistelli's voice. 2) I also love that she writes most of her stuff. 3) I loved this song {Constant} the minute I heard it...and then my soul started needing it. I'll explain.

Here I am sailing along life's way, minding my own business (as much as possible), and BAM - God puts an issue on my heart. It gets heavier and heavier. He uses people, songs, scripture, sermons, and (even) blogs to get my attention, turning me ever towards His will and way, not mine.

And His will and way is starting to get uncomfortable.

I'm a teacher...trained for itty bittys, and I love that. I love teaching, I love itty bittys (people, that is), and I certainly love teaching itty bittys. They love you if you have a smile on your face. Actually, they love you if you are a person in their space/world. They're forgiving and happy and creative and funny and...well, just think of your favorite itty bitty....you know what I'm saying.

Suddenly an opportunity opens up to be "interim" children's director/pastor (whatever you wanna call it), and it starts to make sense - this "issue" that has been placed on my heart. So I apply...I go for it...just to see what happens.

Tonight was my first night on the job. It was fun & exhausting; entertaining & eye-opening. I could go on.

Point is: I'm in untreaded waters, here. This is not something that was on my 5 year plan {or my EVER plan, to be honest}. And yet, tonight, though I'm ready to rest, I have peace. And lots of ideas. And many prayers for sweet faces I met for the first time tonight.

I leave you with the song that I started this whole post about and named it for. Constant by Francesca Battistelli. I included a link for you to give a listen to if you'd like. Great song. Great truths in the song. Lyrics below:

I’m just a little bit afraid of where I’m going / And it feels like a hurricane is blowing over / Though I can’t find the ground below / I’ve lived enough to know / I’ve lived enough to know

You’re my constant in every moment / Constant / You’ve never failed me / All my life / You have never left my side / You are my constant

Okay I really don’t like change, but I can’t stop it / I’m moving forward anyway with the promise / You are the anchor for my soul / That’s all I need to know / That’s all I need to know

Before I was a thought on earth / You knew me then and You gave me worth / When all of this is said and done / You will be the One I’m standing on

3 comments:

  1. I heart you Jos, We are so proud of you and what you are making of all your changes. God will use you in this position. He already has! _Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you listened to God's call in your life...I listened several years ago to that call and it was an AMAZING 3 year roller coaster of a ride...now I have listened to God's call leading me to a different stage in life and I absolutely LOVE it!! Have always wanted more than anything to be a wife and stay at home mommy and God has granted me the desires of my heart and has given me an opportunity to still continue with my passion to love children by bringing me two sweet little girls who need my love and attention during the day as well as being able to be here for my wonderful girls!! God is going to use you, bless you, stretch you, move you, and fill you...I have no doubt you will do wonderful!! I am always here for you!!

    Love,
    Sesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!! I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete